Aprilia RSVR Tuono 06 Installation

Started by Snaggle, June 14, 2009, 11:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snaggle

Please note that cameras do not capture the brightness of the LED lighting used in our products

Well after much consideration and having many angled surfaces at the front i decided to fit them under my indicators . Two reasons mainly , One of the few flat surfaces and two it was the widest part of the bike and away from my headlights .

Indicator stripped off and BikeVis Led

Next Image is partially installed but not stuck down

Stuck down and cable routed .

First indicator installed and temp wired to make sure it works (Exscuse the splatted flys)

Powered up to see what it looks like .

And another :)

Got bike outside to finish install

First cable clip on . Fed both positives into same clip for neatness and ease of wiring .

Both clips installed and wired

Final install and covered in self amalgamating tape

Ok rest of pics are how it looks from daytime to night

Close up

Dusk at an angle

Dusk at a distance (must really get some white bulbs for main headlights)

Bit closer

And final shot before putting bike away .

Install was easy enough although the blue cable clips dont always splice the Led cables so worth checking or better still solder etc . 

Will try and get some more distance shots and see what the guys down the club think but i think there great and will be better with a more white light in my main headlight .

Snaggle

Fluke

Many thanks for the install guide, they look great and I really want a go on that Tuono :)

I think your 2nd person to have trouble with 3rd party splice connectors, what might help if others are using them is to double over the Bullet wires to 'thicken' up the connection.

Good idea with the self amalg tape, it's amazing stuff!!

Cheers

Snaggle

Well those dam little blue things are a pain to use at the best of times ..i tried doubling up and it just cut the cables . Eventually i just stripped the ends tinned them and jammed them in the slot as had tried 3 times to do it as it should be done with no success .

Its a bit more tricky on the Tuono as its all open so whatever you do it has to be quite neat . So soldering would probably have been best .

Snaggle