Combined brake & tail mod

Started by Stooby, March 10, 2011, 09:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stooby

Hi,

I bought a couple of the red LED bullets and they're great. They need a better wire exit point though as I was very limited as to where I could mount them and had to drill right through my Givi rack to fit. And please put a couple of extra sticky pads in!

I put mine on a Yamaha Diversion 900, and straightaway realised they were too bright, far brighter than the single tail light and looked like brake lights permanently on. So I butchered an old radio for its volume control, and using a 12v relay came up with the circuit as shown in the attachment. Using the rheostat, I turned the brightness down to match the tail light. When the brakes are applied, a full 12v reaches the bullets and they glow at full brightness with the normal brake light. 

I'm guessing you could probably make a very small, simple unit incorporating something like this?

Fluke

Hi

Thanks for all the feedback and they are all things we want to do. I'd love to get a extra wire in there to give brake use also without extra wiring.

Hats off to you on the extra circuit, thats a really nice job....

If we release a braking version I'll contact you and get some free of charge in the post to eliminate the extra circuit for you

Regards

Stooby

Thanks! If I got the time I was going to make a tider unit as it's all stuff taped together atm.