News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

leds and ac voltage

Started by wightegi, February 19, 2011, 10:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wightegi

Ok I am a new member to this forum and ride a couple of bikes .One of these is the most important form of motorised transport ever that is of course the Honda C bike ,50,70,90and cub 60 million built .These bikes have poor headlights at the best of times some of them are 6 volt and most are runing on ac not dc voltage.So any upgrade is a big step forward led lights are popular with 12 volt bikes but is there anything for the 6 volt lights.My other honda is a twisted twin..... ::)

Fluke

Hi

I remember the C bikes well, I had a C90 when I turned 17, was a big jump up from my 50 and a good stepping stone to my 125 :)

We don't have anything for 6v sorry. Another problem is the noisy electrical system will destroy most LEDs within a very short space of time

I'll have a hunt about and post back if I find anything for you

Regards

wightegi

Thanks for the quick reply. The idicators and brake light run off 12v dc so there is an ignition swiched feed to the front brake light switch .I know some people have used this to run led lights so this is where I thought of going but just which lights? This is on the 12 volt bikes

wightegi

Quote from: wightegi on February 20, 2011, 11:25:56 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. The idicators and brake light run off 12v dc so there is an ignition swiched feed to the front brake light switch .I know some people have used this to run led lights so this is where I thought of going but just which lights? This is on the 12 volt bikes
as an update to this I have tried a 12v mr16 20 watt bulb running off the feed to the front brake light switch ,the bulb works well and does not affect the brake light or indicators .So now I have to decide which way to go .Iam a member of C90club.co.uk and CX500 forum.com.

Fluke

Hi

Thats a good result...   you could add to the frontal visibility of the bike with some of our mini pods, they draw very little current and should stand up well to the supply conditions.

https://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-led-running-light-pods.html

Regards

wightegi

Yes the mini pods would be a good idea .I tried a couple of led torches (9 led) from pound land  .
      Just as an idea have you seen the 3 watt maglight led which works on 2,3 and 4 cells.A lot of members of the c90 club are interested in better lights and some that run off the battery with out the engine would be a big step forward in safety .

wightegi

Mini pods ordered .Not far from you here on the Isle of Wight.

Fluke

Thanks, just across the pond :)

Shipping out today to you....

Regards

wightegi

Arrived today. Hows that for speedy service  :) So I have fitted them on the cub ,this bike does not have any lights on all the time and so they have to be wired into a switched suply in this case the live feed to the front brake switch.I have posted pictures on the C90club.co.uk site.and will add some here soon.

Fluke

Thanks... looking forward to seeing the results.

If you have problems posting just email photos over and I can sort it this end

Regards