Resolved: wedge led

Started by northwichgaz, January 29, 2012, 04:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northwichgaz

hello i ordered bullets wedges and pod mod from you yesterday ,im looking forward to getting them fitted to my 2000 blade rry,then an idea struck me if i wire the pod mod to the feed from the side lights and then wire the bullets and wedges after this then will the wedges glint, if this is possible i would probably need two pod mods one for each side, the blade has two circuits for the side lights , so if this works i will have bullets and sidelights that modulate together... any thoughts on this

Fluke

Hi

Thanks for your order, all leaving us today special delivery

In theory it would work, but our podmod can only handle one pair of bullets load ...the wedge leds consume the same power as bullets, so to modulate both bullets and wedge leds would need two podmods.

Have a try and see what you think of the bullets modulation, you can always add one at a later date.

Rather than one podmod for each side the effect may look better having one podmod for the bullets and one for the wedges, this way each type of lights modulation is always in sync.

One thing to remember though is the podmod uses a modulating ground connection so if you were to connect to your existing sidelight fittings to modulate them, you must cut both wires to your sidelights so only the output of the podmod connects / feeds them and nothing else on the bike.

Regards and keep me posted how you get on

northwichgaz

i fitted my wedges bullets and pod mod today and all is working just fine, as for my idea to connect the pod mod to the wedges ,i did and it worked just fine but there is a draw back as far as i can see,firstly the side light glass on the blade is slightly frosted and diffuses the modulation, secondly i thought what would the mot tester say ?????
so in conclusion it is possible i just decided against it............for now...............h7 hid next 
i will try to send in some pics once i figure out how to add captions to them

Fluke

Glad you're all up and running. Like you say best not to modulate the sidelights for MOT purposes, and with the frosting the benefits sound marginal

Looking forward to some photos. :)

Regards