CREE DRL's

Started by OldRider2, April 07, 2013, 05:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRider2

I've just installed the CREE DRLs on my Honda GL1500 using the Installation v2.7.  I wired through a switch to be able to turn them off putting it in the red wire to the battery instruction.  When I hooked them up as written, (minus the cold beer, I never would have made it), they wouldn't come on.  So I went to the "Control Wire Starting" method and now they come on with the ignition switch but if I turn the switch off I installed they will not come back on until I cycle the key switch on and off again.  I'll add that I thought the directions were pretty clear and I just knew they would light right up so I had nicely tucked the blue and brown wires up out of the way and put the fairing plastic all back on.  So I had to pull it apart to get to the blue and brown wires.   I've hooked the Blue and Brown wires together and then connected them to the side marker light.  Any idea what the problem might be? I just noticed the NAPA switch I bought is made in England!  It is #786121, 20A/12 VDC/240 Watt.  Thanks!

Fluke

Hi

Sorry the lights are proving a bit fiddly. On our v3 units we have simplified operation so you just power the lights fullstop.

It sounds like the voltage increase wasn't enough for auto turn on, so the control wire method was the next solution as you guessed.

I think if you switch off the lights with your switch before turning off the ignition it will solve the problem

Let me know how it goes

Regards