News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Resolved: bullets as brake lights

Started by red_peril1, December 31, 2011, 10:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_peril1

Hi, have just had some cree running lights for christmas and got to thinking can you use the red bullets as brake lights? I presume there would be no delay in them lighting up when the brake pedal/lever is used. It would be good if there were some red pods to provide a bigger brake light - like high level lights on cars.
Thanks for any advice.

Fluke

Hi and welcome

They would be perfect as extra brake lights... and no delay, they switch on instantly.

We are still scouting around trying to source good extra rear lighting for bikes... it seems a almost impossible mission though

Regards

krakastan

I have put extra red bullets on two bikes as brake lights, basically as said above to act like the 3rd break lights on cars.

A problem with the combined tail/brake light is that there is no indication that you are breaking if someone looks away before you brake and back after you have braked.

On the one with LED tail cluster, I have put the modulator on the original brake light with the 30% brighter option, but wired the bullets in to the loom Before the modulator so they are normally off, but come on unmodulated with the brake light.

Thus the normal tail light is brighter,   the normal brake light modulates initially,   and the two bullets are plain additional unmodulated brake lights.

Fluke

Great job :) .... as you say this cures the problem of drivers not seeing you are braking as they missed the lights brightening and nothing else.