6v Bulbs

Started by Pazmeister, March 13, 2012, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pazmeister

Ok i have a 1978 Honda CB100N which i have refurbished and my partner who only has a 125 licence uses to get to and from work.  The bigest problem this great little bike has is the shocking 6v electical system.  It has been a nightmare trying to find ANY 6 v bulbs for indicators etc and there is obviously some electrical fault beyond my knowledge as the indicators are as near dammit useless at lighting up.  There are also hundreds of classic bikes out there so my idea.........
An assortment of 6v/12v bayonet/screw etc.. LED bulbs to replace the originals.  This would put virtually no strain on the 6v electrical system and hopefully improve brightness, i did find a website that makes some LED bulbs  www.norbsa02.freeuk.com  but they dont seem to cater for all 6v bulbs.  Apparently if you convert the indicator you also need a flasher unit which they do, but knowing how good BIKEVIS are maybe they could come up with our source theire own version.  Anyway at the very least could someone please advise how i could fix my indicator issue.  Regards Paz

Fluke

Hi Paz

Thanks for the heads up on catering for 6v systems. The problem I think we will have, is though we could adapt products for 6v, due to the age of the bikes using 6v they are very likely to be extremely noisy on the electrics. This fact will mean that LEDs may have a hard time coping with spikes on the 6v supply. (electrical noise is a LEDs worst enemy)

I'll look into this further :)

Regards