News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

which lights to improve vision

Started by krakastan, July 28, 2013, 10:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krakastan

The twin HIDS you supplied make an amazing difference to my visibility to others.....over even they do not make up for the appalling beam pattern on my street triple.
So, I am looking to attache two lights - one to improve vision on dipped lights, and the second to improve main beam vision

am i missing something or are the kits all either 2x spot or 2x wide - when one of each would better suit my needs? (which would ideally be 1x 1300 spot and 1x 900 wide i think :-)

thanks

Fluke

Hi

Glad the HID kits are working out well.

We only sell lights in pairs though can mix and match on beam pattern. Mixing the 900 Lumen BikeVis Aux lights and the 1300 Lumen Rigid lights would work, but would look a little strange on the bike as the Rigid light is a different shape and much larger.

We only ship the Rigid lights within the UK, but we can supply one spot and one wide no problem, and they certainly give the most light possible. The BikeVis Aux lights could also be fitted the same way.

The BikeVis Aux lights have the benefit of being smaller and cheaper.

If you wanted to go ahead with any of the above options just drop us an email and we can talk further about it.

Regards

krakastan

BUT the rigids are too bright for use with oncoming traffic??

hoped you would mix but couldnt see the option.

do the 900's really make a difference to Seeing the road ahead (as opposed to being seen)

thanks

Fluke

Hi

They are really meant for off road use and need to be used with care with other traffic about. (angled very low for example)

With the HID you should have good close in lighting..... maybe two BikeVis Aux spots would be all that's needed to boost down road lighting when you need it ?

krakastan

can the spots be used to give down road light when on dipped - ie without affecting other traffic?

Fluke

Hi

They certainly can, you would just need to angle them lower rather than out at long range when used with high beam. One could be aimed towards the right side of your lane, the other over on near side curb. The brackets allow adjustment in all directions / angles.

Regards

Fluke

Many thanks, sending today  :)

Regards

krakastan

promptly dispatched/delivered as ever (thanks) - not so promptly fitted!

Not really tested thoroughly on fast windy (as in bendy :-) A road in the dark yet but even with the 2x HIDS these are noticeable and will I think fill the dark hole ahead :-)

I think adjustment is going to be crucial if i am not to dazzle oncoming cars - any suggestions on how to test this

and a couple of other questions
1) what size bolt is the fitting (not with bike and want to order serrated washers to get better fix)
2) can they be run in series to reduce output ie when around town to make DRLs?

thanks

Fluke

Hi

Glad they landed safe.

From the top of my head the bolt is 5.5mm (you might want to confirm this).

You cannot run them in series due to the drivers in the pods but like you say some careful adjustment will minimize glare for other road users. Best to find a quite car park at night and run some tests on your alignment, when compared with your HIDs (which in themselves will be extremely bright)

Regards