Ducati Multistrada Installation

Started by Fluke, December 16, 2009, 12:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluke

Please note that cameras do not capture the brightness of the LED lighting used in our products

Peter has done a great guide of his Bullet and PodMod installation on his Multistrada.

I recently bought and installed a set of BikeVis LED running lights c/w their PodMod modulator which makes the lights 'glitter' for greater visibility.

I removed the upper LH fairing panel and wired up the PodMod to the outlet wire at the back of the heated-glove fuse. This is switched on with the ignition, and has a 5A wire which was small enough to fit the PosiTap connector I had available. BTW, I highly recommend these connectors as being easier to fit and neater than the scotch-snap connecter type.

To locate the LEDs in the front grill I cut a small slot each side with a Dremel. This allowed the wires to clear and the full area of integrated sticky pad to sit flat.

I connected the LED feed wires into the PodMod outlet with more Positaps, and added spade connectors to allow disconnection if the grill has to removed in the future.

Costs: £12.95 for the LEDs, £19.95 for the PodMod, £6.50 delivery. £8.50 for the Positaps from ebay.

Results? Well, the LEDs are bright, especially for their small size, and they twinkle, which I think will make them more obvious to our car bound brothers. Overall I'm very pleased at an inexpensive safety improvement.

1. Back of fuse holders

2. PodMod positive wire connected to Glove-out wire using PosiTap connector.

3. PodMod (modulator) secured with double sided tape.

4. Earth connection of PodMod along with GPS earth. Hole in casting is already tapped.

5. Air intake grill with slots for LED wires.

6. Rear view of LED stuck down. Wires can be easily routed around intake slots.

7. Installation finished.

8. Ignition and LEDs on. They 'glitter' to be more noticeable.