Website address

Started by Stooby, March 22, 2012, 09:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stooby

I'm not sure if others have had this problem, but I've found that if I type www.bikeviz.com into any browser on any ISP it can't be found. I can get to the site by doing a Google / Yahoo search and the address comes up no problem in the address bar exactly as I've typed it above (https://www.bikevis.com/ - copied from the address bar now). It may be an issue somewhere with referrers or something.

I've tried this on my home on IE9, Firefox and Chrome, ISP (Virgin), my phone (Orange) using Dolphin and the stock android browser, and at work on our BT line using IE.

Hope this helps as I've told other bikers to look for the site when they've asked about the lights on my bike.

It might be something for your hosting company to look into. I've only recently noticed this problem.

Fluke

Hi

Thanks for pointing this out

It's because we are named bikevis rather than bikeviz. We usually try and register a few domains to make mistakes less likely but bikeviz is already taken by someone else so can't cover it

So many domain names out there are just held by people looking to sell them to some desperate company.....   :(

Regards

Stooby

Fluke

Thanks for that... I've grabbed the .co.uk and .org so google at leasts indexes and helps those who type the company name different.

Regards