Triumph Daytona Installation

Started by Fluke, January 24, 2010, 05:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluke

Robin sent over this guide of how to install Bullets into air ducts on his 02 Triumph Daytona. Very tidy job!

I bought 4 bullets for my 02 Triumph Daytona. I couldn't decide where to put them at first but I wanted to make them look integrated into the fairing rather than stuck to the outside. I eventually decided to fit them inside the air ducts.

To start with I disconnected the sidelight connector and cut back the wires towards the fuse box by about 4". I then used around 4" cable taken off two of the LED lights which I soldered onto the sidelight cable to make two fly leads for the LED's. I finished these off with four female bullet connectors and tidied up the whole thing with a few pieces of heat shrink. See picture 1.

The air intakes had mounting points but they were triangular (picture 2) so I made some holding brackets from the corners of an old plastic ventilation grill I had lying about (picture 3). After drilling holes for the wires I stuck these into position with some Number Plate fixing stickys (picture 4).

I then positioned the lights in place and trimmed the cables to length before using some more heat shrink tubing the keep the wires tidy. I finished off by fitting two male bullet connectors and used the cable ties to run the wiring beside the indicator wires (picture 5). This kept the whole thing neat inside the fairing.

Pictures 6 and 8 were taken at roughly 4pm so there was still a bit of background light around. I don't think these pictures really do the lamps justice though. They look fantastic on the bike and are so bright they can't fail to make the bike more visible.  The whole job only took me 2 and a bit hours to complete from start to finish.