News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Design

Started by Cruser, July 14, 2009, 04:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruser

Hi, just fitted a pair on my Honda ST1100 work bike,they seem pretty good so far, i'll send in a pic later, would there be any benefit to the design if each pod was fitted with a pair of lights one offset at an angle so that vehicles at junctions would see the lights too ??

Fluke

hi and welcome

it's a pretty good idea, and would make side visibility alot better... will put this down on the 'to do' list :)

looking forward to the photos of your ST, one of my fave tourers (rode one for a few weeks a while back), how did you find the install ?

cheers

Cruser

Hi Dan, the install was pretty easy, i took the small panel off the underside of the fairing where you would get access to the pilot light bulb in the headlight and tapped into the wiring there, so much easier than trying to dismantle the whole fairing, mounted the lights on the underside of the wing mirrors. Took about an hour without beer, just tea  :)

Fluke

sounds a good job, and tea does work just fine, but only if you get your missus to bring it out to you :)

if we get a dual LED version done in the future I'll get you a free set sorted out..

Cruser

Thanks Dan, and if i can get the boss to buy them it would be even better  ;)

I'll try them out for a few days to see if they make a difference, if so i'll pass it on to the boys in London and elsewhere, so you could get a bit of business.

Added a pic to the gallery, not brilliant but shows the lights ok i think

Fluke

looks great, not sure if you've tried them in low light / rainy conditions ?.. thats when they really stand out. (at night much brighter than a stock sidelight)

will be interested in what others think...