Honda VFR800i Installation

Started by Fluke, July 31, 2009, 01:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluke

Please note that cameras do not capture the brightness of the LED lighting used in our products

Brian has kindly documented his VFR800i install and mailed it over to us, many thanks for your help.

I decided to fit them inside the wheel arch area (on the inside of the fairing) far enough below the headlights so that they wouldn?t be lost in the light from the headlights.

Having taken the indicators off and finding that I could run the wires through the fairing, this is what I did??..  And I decided to wire them into the headlight rather than the side light just in case I wanted to park up with the parking light on ? as I wouldn?t want the LEDs on at the same time as the parking light.

I drilled holes (4mm) just below where the screws for fixing the indicators are located.  This meant that I could still get access to the screws and I could get the cables into the void behind the indicators.

I then fed the wires up through the fairing and decided to do the earth connection at the side light, as the wires were passing by there anyway, using a scotch clip connector.

The wires, once earthed then tuck back up in to the waterproof bit of the fairing.  The live wire then continues across the bike to meet the live on the other side.  These were spliced together and fitted to a spade connector (for connecting to the fuse).  I put the fuse inside the fairing as it is weatherproof. 

Other spade connector fitted to fuse and everything taped up.

I then continued the live wire up inside the fairing and joined it to the live feed for the headlight, again with a scotch clip.

Once it was all checked and everything was working I then finalised the position of the lights and stuck them on.  Point to note ? make sure you take the backing off the sticky bit before you get everything in the final position ? otherwise you have to loosen stuff off to be able to get the backing off ? oops!

Final result ? excellent (see below).