Resolved: Bullets on ER6f

Started by darich, December 29, 2011, 09:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluke

Hi David

Thanks for the order.

I think you made the right choice..... as for the high beam, maybe get an upgraded bulb like you say. I wouldn't be tempted to get a cheap 'blue' looking halogen, but get a quality one like the Philips +100% we sell or maybe the Osram Nightbreaker (though these have had reliability issues in the past)

Regards

darich

Thanks

Kit arrived the other day and I fitted it this afternoon.
Couple of minor issues......there's a rubber grommet that has the 4 cables fed through it. I had to cut that off for a couple of reasons.
1 - the rubber cup that seals my headlamp wouldn't let the xenon bulb through the hole and I needed the cup behind the xenon bulb.
To sort the above I had to cut the rubber grommet off the cables - it's the one with 4 cables fed through it.

With that done I could then fit everything (after checking it worked ok).

Then I hit the next slight issue.....
2 - the new xenon bulb is a slightly different size from the halogen one so the holder wasn't holding it properly and it popped out of position a couple of times. So I used the above rubber grommet, and made a washer to hold the xenon bulb in place.

Despite the above issues, it only took about a half hour or so to fit from wheeling the bike out the garage to getting the fitting completed.
New bulb is much whiter so looking forward to next evening/night ride to see how much brighter it is.

I'll have a look at your shop to check the bulbs you mentioned.
I'm looking for one that would be a good colour match to the xenon if possible.
I wasn't looking at a cheap option - I was checking out a couple of "Ring" and "Philips" bulb - somewhere around the £30 a pair.

Can you recommend a suitable bulb??

Many thanks for the great service and help!!
David

Fluke

Hi David

Glad all fitted and ok.... I think you'll be amazed once out at night. The difference is incredible

That's correct the grommet usually has to come off. Good thinking on using the grommet to make a spacer.... Though everything usually just fits tolerances and slight differences between bikes can mean there is a little tinkering to do.

Then Philips bulbs we stock though whiter than stock are not a match to the 6000k HID, but the performance of them is very good compared to some of the blue bulbs you see in motorist shops that would probably be a downgrade in light output.

Ring do now produce one even brighter I believe, but we won't stock these until we are sure they can cope with the vibrations from a motorcycle

Regards