Cree lights not shutting off

Started by lebrackett, May 07, 2012, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lebrackett

I installed the Cree system on a 1984 BMW R100RT.  I first tested the system to see if the controller would detect engine start and turn on lights.  It did not, so I attached the two wires to a switched circuit per the instructions. It worked fine at first.  During a day ride, though, turning off the bikes ignition would not turn off the lights.  Switching the ignition on and off again would turn off the lights.  After a minute or so the lights would turn on again by themselves even though ignition was off. Turning the ignition on and off resulted in the lights shutting off but, in a moment or two, they came back on again.  To shut them off permanently I had to pull the fuse on the red wire. It seems the only solution is to put a switch in the red wire battery circuit or do I have a faulty unit?

Fluke

Hi

Sorry you are having trouble.

I'm surprised the control box is not picking up the voltage increase when starting the bike... this usually works with no other connections needed, and the lights turn on and off automatically.

Can you email me your postal address to sales@bikevis.com and I'll send a new controller to eliminate this.

Kind Regards