News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Lighting Chat / Re: Cockpit lights
Last post by Teknosis - November 23, 2018, 06:41:30 PM
Hi Fluke,

Thanks for that.  I'll give that some thought. 

Jason
General Lighting Chat / Re: Cockpit lights
Last post by Fluke - November 19, 2018, 03:42:16 AM
Hi Jason

This is not something I've heard of before. I guess you could use our little Bullet lights to illuminate the cockpit area, though would need careful positioning so not to cause glare to yourself while riding. You could also dim them with a resistor if too bright.
General Lighting Chat / Cockpit lights
Last post by Teknosis - November 15, 2018, 01:06:33 PM

Hi, Odd question - has anybody tried to illuminate the cockpit controls?

Got a new bike and moved to the country, can't see a thing and with winter gloves on can't feel  the controls. 

I'm not looking for spotlights, just a slight glow.

Jason
BikeVis Gallery / Kawasaki ZZR600
Last post by Fluke - November 05, 2018, 04:19:32 AM
Anthony shared these photos of his ZZR600 fitted with both front and rear facing BikeVis Bullets for extra visibility. Many thanks

Technical Support / Re: Switch to disable PodMod
Last post by Fluke - October 23, 2018, 08:41:47 AM
Hi Dave

Sorry for the extreme delay in reply, we were away on leave.

I will email you now

Regards
Technical Support / Re: Switch to disable PodMod
Last post by Toptec2010 - October 16, 2018, 12:19:07 PM
Also grateful for that wiring email please? just about to order front and back pods and would like to be able to isolate the mod. Also if I'm brave enough i would like the rear red pods to come on brighter with the brakes, or upon deceleration (Tracer 700 twin and big torque so heavy engine braking) - can this all be combined ?if not I'll look at white bullets, pod mod and isolation switch for the front and red DRL and braking with deceleration activator ??? Many thanks Dave
Technical Support / Re: H4 Bi-Xenon kit
Last post by darich - September 13, 2018, 09:24:54 AM
I'll see how the LEDs are - look promising so far.

As far as the headlamps go, they're not switched on by turning on the ignition. But when you start the engine, the light kick into life once running.....within a second or so. So I'd say they come on after the engine is running, not while it's starting.
Technical Support / Re: H4 Bi-Xenon kit
Last post by Fluke - September 13, 2018, 04:28:37 AM
Hi

Do the headlight auto turn on as the engine starts ? ....the issue with dual HID is the startup load can be too high (up to 75 watts per light) and can fail to ignite, this is made worse by starter motor consuming a lot of power.

A lot of bikes can handle this though, it depends on many factors such as condition / capacity of battery etc.

LED Bulbs are probably the way forward here as you say.

Regards
Technical Support / H4 Bi-Xenon kit
Last post by darich - September 12, 2018, 12:51:27 PM
I previously had an ER6f (white one still used in BikeVis Ads) and then upgraded to a Street Triple R.
I did some digging and read the post from Fluke where he said that often one or both HIDs will fail to light due to the lighting load or varying voltage or something along those lines.

Anyway...I've upgraded my bike again and now have a 2016 Street Triple and noticed the other night that when I turn the ignition on, the lights don't come on. They only power up when the engine is running. This is different from my previous STR where both lights would power with the ignition then flicker as the starter drew power to start the engine.

So......based on my limited knowledge if my lights only come on once the engine is running, would that mean the bike would be suitable for a bi-xenon kit upgrade? The HID lights wouldn't suffer from the varying voltage during starting.

Is this the case? I've just fitted LED bulbs which look pretty good and effective but you can't beat a good HID light. Any ideas from anyone?
BikeVis Gallery / BMW K1200GT
Last post by Fluke - July 14, 2018, 04:44:58 AM
Adrian shared this photo of his BMW K1200GT with our award winning BikeVis Bullet lights fitted up under the nose. Many thanks