Resolved: Cree switch problems

Started by Hopper, August 25, 2011, 09:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopper

Carried out a check of the lights before concealing the wiring and included a handlebar switch - all worked well. Now its complete it still works but the minute the engine is run the lights come on regardless of switch position. Live feed taken from ignition fed supply underseat so not a canbus issue. Bike is a 1200gs on a 10 plate.

Any ideas please as would like to keep switch giving me some choice of on and off particularly as the feed has a delay so stays on for up to 5 minutes after ignition off (its a BMW thing) and don't want to drain battery.

Thanks

Fluke

Hi

Sorry you are having trouble.

We have recently redocumented the instructions (available for download on the Cree page) ....basically if you connect the control box (red and black) wires direct to the battery the lights sense the engine being switched on and turn on... when the engine is turned off they count down around 20secs then turn off. None of the other 3 wires (brown blue and white are needed)

Is there a way you can feed the control box direct from the battery ?, this would cure your 5min delay from the BMW feed and bring the delay down to 20secs as it should be.

I'll run a couple of tests today regarding the switching to find a good solution for you.

Fluke

Hi

I've updated the Cree installation instructions to cover switching.

You can find it here...    https://www.bikevis.com/images/Cree_Installation.pdf

This should solve all your problems and give you the option to turn off completely.

Regards

Hopper

Hi, Thanks for the very quick response and I will rewire this weekend - photos to follow for the gallery

Fluke

You're welcome and sorry the instructions didn't cover all this at time of initial fitting.

Keep me posted how it goes and looking forward to seeing some photos

Regards