News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Modulator for Cree v3

Started by Kritou, July 10, 2016, 11:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kritou

I appreciate your note that modulators cannot be used with the above due to their "high brightness and power consumption" but would these work as On/Off switches ..... I'm also interested in the "strobe" feature? (rated at 5A)

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/single-color-dimmer-switches/mld-5a-12-volt-dc-single-color-led-mini-dimmer/1082/2573/#/tab/Specifications

Fluke

Hi

The main problem with trying to modulate our Cree lights is the in built driver circuits for the LED 'fight' any modulation and almost stop the effect all-together. This would also go for any active dimmer circuit, the lights would remain fully lit until they reached a point and then would just stop working.

Even if you did manage to get a modulation effect, with 900 lumens of light it is going to be akin to a strobe, which would certainly get you in a lot of trouble with the local law enforcement. :(

Sorry to not be of much help

Regards

Kritou

OK - so it's a no no, but thanks for the response

I wouldn't try and use any strobe light under normal conditions but when riding in a group it could perhaps be used as a brief signalling method to the bike/s up ahead