News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Honda ST-1300 marker lights?

Started by jnsgardner, February 02, 2012, 11:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnsgardner

The ST-1300 has 5 watt wedge style marker light located in the upper outer part of the headlight module. To improve daytime visibility and add a bit at night, I would think they could be replaced with the BikeVis wedge Bullets version 2 LEDs. I wouldn't think heat would be a concern though they are out of the airstream. Diameter might also be a concern.
The Honda bulbs seem worthless except to provide a styling cue for the front headlight module. I'm sure this isn't the first time the topic of replacing the Honda marker lights has come up. Has the collective wisdom come up with a solution that seems reasonable? The ST-1300 does have a computer with functions similar to the BMWs, but I don't know if it cares about a lower current draw bulb.

John

Fluke

Hi John

It's a tricky one... some light housings don't 'like' the unidirectional nature of most wedge style LEDs and under perform a normal halogen. It's a much whiter light though and often draws the eye better.

I don't think heat would be a problem as they are only rated at 1 Watt and produce less than a halogen. I don't believe the ST has a CANBUS type system either so no problem with low current draw.

An alternative would be to just fit some of our little Bullet 2 pods, you could tuck them up under the nose or wing mirrors and it would give a nice increase in visibility without touching the sidelights.

Regards