News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Honda CB125 F

Started by Beech, January 18, 2017, 08:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beech

Hi,

New to biking having got the CB125 F in October '16. I have noticed an overwhelming lack of presence on the road when riding at night. Currently using the bike all throughout winter in early mornings and late at night.

Im looking to get a bit more visibility on the road with the basic dipped headlights, the full beams are alright so far. My stock dipped beam is pretty pathetic.

As mentioned earlier I'm new to biking and so not really sure on things like the capacity of my bikes battery and its ability to have add-ons.

I've been through the BikeVis shop and am really uncertain what/if I should be getting anything. The main bulb upgrade (Phillips xtreme vision) is appealing, but not sure if its overpowered considering the current bulb is a 12V 35/35W HS1?

Also the bullets look great but unsure if the battery could cope, I'd like to have a cig lighter/usb add-on hooked up too but thats of less importance. (also bullet locations!? nightmare)

Forgive my ignorance! I'm still learning!  :o

Any help, comments or general discussion would be appreciated.

Fluke

Hi and welcome

It's a tough one for sure. Lots of 125cc machines have low power electrics and I'm afraid the CB125F falls into this category.

I don't think you will find a brighter bulb rated at 35 watts. Our Bullet lights would work but they won't give any extra light on the road.

We have had a few riders fit a single one of our Cree light like the below link, the problem would be the nature of bodywork on the CB doesn't give many options for fitting. Have a look at the links below...

https://www.bikevis.com/forum/index.php?topic=927.msg2270#msg2270

https://www.bikevis.com/product/bikevis-cree-v3-motorcycle-running-lights/

Beech

Thanks for the reply.

Is the main aim of the bullets just to make the bike more visible on the road rather than add light to see with? They look the bomb when it comes to styling, but I need that road light  8)

The Cree lights do look good however I certainly need to spend some time thinking of some inspiring install location! Some sort of makeshift with a hose clamp and an L shaped bracket around the front fork maybe.

Perhaps it will all just have to wait until a big bike comes my way!

Fluke

Hi

Yes the Bullets aim is for others to see you rather than add road lighting.

The Cree lights have a single single bolt fixing.

Let me know if you come up with any ideas... 

Any ideas on bigger bikes you have eye on ?, I remember the feeling... I went from a TZR125 to a not so big KR1 250, though not a 'big' bike it certainly was quick :)