Resolved: Blue, Brown, White ...wires!

Started by alexandredp, September 30, 2011, 12:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexandredp

Guys could you explain in VERY simple terms what those wires do exactly? I do not know what a side light is, but I know what a headlight, an indicator (blinker) or a tail light are.  I want to put those CRE leds onto a Yamaha Vmax 1994, I found the perfect spot for them, but I want those lights to dim when I am not in full beam. I already have a HID kit on which replaces my OEM headlight,  that is connected to a switch which allow me to turn the light off as I need to start the bike withotu any lights at all nor do I want daylights on. So do I connect your battery red + to my switch? The black to the battery or frame? then I connect the leds to the relay, but then what do I do with the blue, the brown or the white cables? thanks

Fluke

Hi and welcome

There are many ways to install the Cree lights, but wiring is very simple.

RED - Goes direct to Battery +

BLACK - Goes direct to Battery -

These two wires 'detect' when you start the bike and turn on the lights, when you turn off the bike the lights will turn off after 20 seconds.

If you wish to switch the lights on and off (most people want them on all the time), you could fit a switch in the RED wire.

The BLUE and BROWN wires can be ignored, but if you wish to dim the lights to 50% brightness you can use a switch to connect the WHITE wire to + (direct on the battery or any other positive feed)

Hope the above helps, you can download a detailed instructions direct from the Cree DRL page in our store.

Kind Regards