Ducati Multistrada 1200

Started by amullo, July 30, 2012, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amullo

My 2010 Multistrada 1200s Sport with Cree lights on SW Motech mounts.

Side

Front

DRL ON

Very happy with the units so far. Light control unit mounted under the seat and power taken direct from battery. I´ve hooked up the lowpower setting to the lowbeam/halfbeam with a switch. Since the halfbeam goes out on full beam, the LEDs will power up to full power on highbeam even If i have the manual switch set to halfpower for nightriding. I can provide detailed descriptions if anyone wants them.

Fluke

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to share the photos....  great looking installation and amazing bike!. The video camera can't shoot the dimmed light mode which is created with extremely fast PWM due to the camera frame rate. Like you say to the eyes they appear perfectly dimmed.

Regards

amullo

As you said... The halfpower setting is highrate on/off. This can also be seen if you point your cellphonecamera at a modern car using LED rearlights like Merc´s, bmws and such.

I love everything about the lights but would like further options on controlling the lights if your taking suggestions
An input to make the lights flash rapidly right-left or together - For when i hit the highbeam flasher button.

Thanks for these! Cars that i normally would expect to pull out infront of me are now waiting untill i pass instead.

Feel free to use the pics! Just please add a small note that i took them,

Fluke

Ch00

Two questions.....
Does running these on dim setting cause any long term damage?
Can you advise how to wire up the dim wire (white). Do I need to add an extra live to complete the circuit with the white wire?
Cheers

Fluke

Hi

No damage will be done, you are just running the LEDs at lower output.

To dim the lights connect the White wire to a positive wire with a switch.

Regards

amullo

I connected my dim lead to the lowbeam positive feed with a switch inbetween. Since the multistrada shuts down then lowbeam when you turn on the highbeam, the crees then switch over to full power (meaning more light on the road). Otherwise they run dimmed unless i manually interrupt that using my installed switch. Pretty sweet!

I usually run mine on highpower unless nightriding, then i turn the swith on so it functions as above.

Fluke

That's a great combo as it gives you complete flexibility....and auto dimming in normal use at night

amullo

Daytime with CREE´s on in the direct sun. The day was VERY bright.
I just switched the bike off, so the DRL´s have not turned off when i took the picture.

The subjective feel is that cars definatly see you with these on.