LED Headlights

Started by old son, November 19, 2012, 12:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old son

I have a pair of Cree running lights and two very bright side lights on my Fazer Thou Gen 1 (2005).
I would like to upgrade my headlights. I have tried HID's in the past and had loads of problems with defective bulbs, dazzle for on comming traffic etc. I did manage to get an MOT but it was only by luck!!
Are LED headlights available yet which would fit the Fazer and how much hassle, cost are they?

Fluke

Hi

Nothing yet really.... They are still some way off. I believe Audi have a option for LED headlights on one top end model but that's about it.

You could try some uprated bulbs like our Philips extreme which give to twice the light of OEM fitment, or possibly add some aux lights. (like our new bikevis Cree aux)

Regards

old son

I already have two Cree running lights.
I have just ordered the Philips Extreme you suggested.

Fluke

Many thanks, these should land with you tomorrow... Keep me posted how they go.

Regards

markgrinyer

Sorry for bumping an old thread fluke but is there an update on possibly introducing LED units or are they too big for bikes (as they need a heat sink on the rear of the bulb).

I'm working through my options for next summer on the thunderace, currently a new headlight unit with projector units with HIDs but due to the lower draw I would also consider LEDs

Fluke

Hi Mark

The tech is slowly getting there and there are a few models out there now. Still a little early though to have them in store though.

I think a couple more generations of LEDs and headsinking will be so minimal that size will never be an issue.

Regards