Very Happy!! Running Light Pods

Started by Chalky723, August 14, 2010, 08:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chalky723

I ordered the Running Light Pods on Thursday & they arrived this morning - I ripped the wrapping off & stopped....

My initial impression was "these aren't going to go where I want them!".

I've got an ST1100 and the mirrors are the obvious place to put them - I've seen pics of the Pans on here with them mounted, but would rather have a pod of lights rather than a single bullet.

I was worried because the Pans mirrors are at an angle (which I'd forgotten when I ordered the pods) and to mount the pods following that angle wouldn't direct much light forward, but to mount them facing forward would mean a lot of pod either hiding under the mirror, or sticking out in front of it.

However, I spent some time messing around with a lit up pod & some blutack and came up with a solution that I'm dead happy with. Even more happy when they're switched on - I can't believe how visible they are!!

As I commute over 50 miles each way every day, I was hoping for something that'd make me stand out - and boy do I stand out now!!

I'll take some pics tomorrow & post them so you can see - they're brilliant!! I'm looking forward to going to work on Monday just so everyone on the way can see them!!!

Cheers guys - very impressed...

Chalky

Fluke

Hi Chalky

Glad you liked them, my father runs some on his tourer and the larger multi LED pods suit the bike perfectly.

Looking forward to some photos

Regards