Bullet V2 installation on BMW R1150R

Started by JML, August 06, 2012, 10:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JML

I mounted the BikeVis Bullet V2 lights on my BMW R1150R.  I attached them to the "beak" front fender.

I debated installing them on the turn signals, and inside the oil coolers.  I decided to go with the beak, because it's further away from the headlight than the turn signals, and the oil coolers prevent seeing the lights at all from side.

I wired them into the little running light inside the headlight.

I ran wires outside the back of the headlight and put weather resistant disconnects on the wires.  I then (gently) zip tied those to the existing cables running into the headlight.

I pulled off the beak, drilled holes in it for the Bullet wires, and ran the wires up the speedometer cables.

Finally, I put the other end of the disconnects onto some pigtails, and connected the pigtails and the wires from each Bullet together with wirenuts.  I'm not 100% satisfied with the wire nuts, so I may solder and heat shrink the connection between the Bullets and the pigtails.

Fluke

Many thanks for the guide, I think the location is spot on and a nice tidy job!

For brighter lights you might want to go the Aux lighting route... we have some exciting new products coming up soon.

Regards