News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Cree Lights

Started by old son, September 17, 2012, 08:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old son

One of my running lights has developed an intermittent fault. I left a message to report the problem and in less than an hour I have received confirmation that the unit will be replaced. No arguments, no queries nothing. This is what customer service should be about. The lights are a fantastic piece of kit and so is the company that sells them. Well done BikeVis!!!

Fluke

You're more than welcome... We are always here to help  ;D

Regards

old son

Delivered the very next day. What a stonking service!!! You guys are the tops. Thank you so much :)

Fluke

Fantastic, glad they landed safe!

If you have any problems in the future just yell  :D

Regards

old son

Hi Fluke, You kindly replaced one of my Cree lights at the end of last year. I have noticed the new light goes dim when my indicators are used. I thought it must be a bad earth and so connected a new earth lead. This has made no difference. I have connected the Cree light to my side lights and the side lights do not dim which leads me to believe there might be an issue inside the Cree light.
Can you confirm if it is likely the Cree light could be at fault. Thanks

Fluke

Hi

Sorry you are having trouble

Is it just the one light that dims when your indicators are used ?, also... Is the white dimming wire connected to anything ?

Regards

old son

Hi, it's just the new Cree light that dims. The one on the other side is fine. I have connected the two wires from the new light to the two wires that connect to the side light. This connection works fine on the other side and worked fine on the side that the new light is connected to before it started playing up.

Fluke

Hi

Thanks for getting back

I must admit that's a bit of a mystery then... the only way the Cree can dim is if a voltage is present on the white control box wire. It might be worth checking the white wire is taped up and not touching anything.

The actual Cree pod won't have any faults with it as it gets it's feed from the control box and in turn the control box cannot be effected by the indicator circuit as they are separate.

Regards

old son

I have stripped back the wire connection and there is no issue with wires touching wires. I disconnected the Cree light and connected a single filament lamp. When the indicators are used the lamp does not dim. There is a problem somewhere!

Fluke

Hi

I could send a new light pod out to try ?, we have a few on the shelf.

If you could email your postal address to sales@bikevis.com

Regards

old son

That would be great. I have emailed my details to you.
Your company provide the best after sales service I have ever known. Thanks

Fluke

old son

Received a new V2 light as promised by Fluke. The light arrived in 2 days. The replacement light was free of charge and no postage costs. If only other companies had after sales service like Bike Vis. It is a fantastic service. Thank you to all concerned. I will certainly be installing Bike Vis lighting on my next bike. I feel much safer knowing that anybody who bothers to look in their rear view mirrors cant fail to see me, whatever the conditions. Great products, great service. Thanks again.

Fluke

You're more than welcome Shaun, thanks for the comments..  :)