Yamaha YBR125

Started by daveread, October 05, 2012, 06:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveread

Installed the bullets yesterday to the underneath of the hand guards and I'm loving them so far! I definitely feel like I have more presence on the road with the bullets positioned quite far apart. 125's don't tend to have great lights - I'd recommend the bullets to anyone who feels like they are not being seen..

I tested them out along the dark unlit country lanes and 'a' roads last night. I'm sure I was being noticed more as oncoming vehicles were dipping there headlights a lot more quickly than they used to, even from a good distance away. Previously many vehicles haven't dipped there headlights unless I flashed them (with my high beam that is.. ) and at times almost didn't notice I was there! It seems like that's all changed now!

Can't wait to see what my wife thinks (its her bike for commuting). Tried to capture the brightness of the bullets the best I could in the garage. I'll try and upload a vid on youtube at some point.

Wouldn't mind trying the red bullets wired up to the brake light later on. Next job though is to see if I can improve the main headlight.

Am I quite sad for getting so excited over a couple of led lights? Anyway, thanks for the great product guys!

Dave

Fluke

Hi Dave

Many thanks for sharing. I agree 125cc machines have terrible lights and being usually smaller they can be a bit of a target

Glad the Bullets are helping.... It's a great position mounted wide like that.

Regards