Honda CBR600FA

Started by cjrp, May 03, 2015, 09:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjrp

Well, it only took me about 4 months after ordering the Cree running lights to actually get around to installing them! They look great, and having just come in from a night ride the extra light they throw on the road really makes a big difference. Just be careful to angle them so you don't dazzle people, because they really will!

Fluke

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to post up your photos. Looks great!

Glad you like then...  you are right about spending time to align them, you do need to do this if using them at night for sure.

Have a good bank holiday weekend

Regards

alwaysmithun

Hi,
I  have a 2012 CBR 600fa,similar to yours but in thr tricolor.

Iam looking for similar light enhancements,and i like your setup.WHere did you get the mounting brackets from? and how did you wire it in? to the main headlamp or just the sidelights.

Your help will be much appreciated.

mithun

Fluke

Hi

I must admit I'm not 100% sure on how he fixed these. It looks like he used the existing bolts fixing the fender.

If you drop him a private message on the forums I'm sure he will get back to you

Regards

alwaysmithun

Many thanks,i will try and get some more info and then i could post a guide to help others out ;)

cjrp

Hi Mithun,

I actually just used the metal mount which came with the lights, and re-drilled the hole to be big enough for the fender's bolt to fit through. You have to remove the bolt which connects the light itself to the mount, attach the mount to the fender (I'd recommend a nice thick rubber washer between the mount and your fender, to avoid scratching it), then re-attach the light to the mount. Not sure how clear that is.. I don't have the bike any more but could take a photo of the mount when I get home?

For wiring, I ordered a harness from here http://www.bikersoracle.com/cbr600/forum/showthread.php?t=12099 which goes under the seat, and connects to the battery and your tail light (so it's only live when the ignition's on, no worrying about battery draining). Then I ran the light's wires up the forks and behind the fairings to this connection, using cable ties to keep everything where it should be - definitely don't want things snagging on your wheel/brakes/forks! This way I didn't have to damage any wiring by tapping into it, since the harness just plugs into the connector.

Hope that helps!

Fluke

Many thanks for your help :), perfect job!

alwaysmithun

While trying to replace the sidelights,one of them have popped out and gone into the headlight casing!!! am i going to have to live with an led light running around in the casing !!!

any ideas guys ??

Fluke

Hi

Ouch!! :( ....that's a big flaw with T10 501 Bulb holders it's hard to tell if bulb is fully 'home', but I've not heard of it before getting into the headlight unit itself.

I think the only simple way to to it is going to be to fish it out carefully with something long and flexible with something sticky on end (unless you have access to one of those funky grabbers)

Regards