BikeVis Cree LED Aux Lights on BMW F650GS twin

Started by al798, March 08, 2016, 12:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al798

I currently own a F650GS 800cc twin cylinder BMW. I usually ride with a tinted visor helmet and during night time I have to use the high beam in order to see properly. The problem is that the high beam is too disturbing for the drivers on the opposite lane. So I was thinking of getting a pair of bikevis led aux lights in order to use them with normal beam -not high beam- during night time and enhance my visibility while wearing my tinted visor helmet.
I have two questions. Which of the two options would be better suited for my purpose, the 10 degrees spot beam or the 30 degrees wide beam?
And secondly, where should I mount them? Next to the front high fender or on the engine crash bars? I have the sw-motech crash bars.

Thank you in advance.

Fluke

Hi and welcome

I would fit the wide 30 degree beam. With this it will supplement your low beam and also let you run them during the day as a daytime running light.

The crash bars would be the idea place to mount the lights, I'll private message you a link to some clamps which other customers use.

It would be worth looking into a 2nd clear visor for night use as heavy tints really kill vision at night. Also you stand a good chance of being pulled over by police if they spot it.

Regards

al798

The tinted visor is not illegal here even during night time. If I use the high beam the tinted visor is ok. the problem is that I don't use the high beam in the city because it disturbs the drivers on the opposite lane. So I want something to aid my normal beam and in a way to substitute the high beam without disturbing the drivers on the opposite side.
Thank you for your input, Fluke.

Fluke

Hi

I'm sure the Cree lights will help you. They will basically double the on road light of your low beam

Regards

al798

So you say that the 30o wide beam on the crashbars will be better suited for riding in the city during night time with the tinted visor than the 10 spot beam, right?

Fluke

Hi

Yes for sure, they will give a wider 'pool' of light on the road, and you can aim them to 'fill in' any holes from your low beam that you struggle to see

Regards