News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Honda CB125F Front Bullets Installation

Started by Jim C, October 07, 2015, 07:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim C

Here is my fitting guide for the new model CB125F. Will also do one for the rear bullets.

I used an 11.1V lipo battery to power the bullets whilst deciding where they will go. I thought of putting then under the petrol tank trims but decided on the underside of the headlamp housing unit. Masking tape held them in place whilst mucking about with this.

Remove the headlamp unit by undoing the upper and lower bolts on each side (4 in total). You have to pull the bottom of the unit forward slightly and then lift a little to clear the top mounting points.

I rested the unit on a dust sheet on the front mudguard to avoid putting strain on the wires and speedo cable. You can also twist it round to get to the underside where you need to drill/cut the holes for the wires.

For the power, I used the feed to the side/position lamp that is just under the main headlight bulb, it just pulls out.

I just cut the wires and used an XT60 connector with the feed from the battery soldered on one side and the wires for the 3 lights on the other. If you can't solder use a piggyback/splicing connector - any car parts store will sell them. I cut the LED wires to 20cm to reduce clutter. Make sure the wires are connected correctly, positive LED wires have the white line down them, it is the same for the wires on the bike - positive has a white line (in this case the brown wire as seen above). Turn on the ignition and check all is okay!!

Put the side/position lamp back in its hole and re-fit the headlamp unit. Position the top first and then the bottom should push back into place, take a bit of time to make sure all the trims are fitting together properly before putting the 4 bolts back on place. The 2 bolts with the longer spacers on them are the top ones.

I stuck the bullets in place after the headlamp unit was back on so I could make sure they were properly facing forward. Job done.

Fluke

Hi Jim

Many many thanks for taking the time to make this guide. I'm sure it will come in useful to lots of people....   fantastic job!!!

Regards