Resolved: Vision X Solstice Solo wiring

Started by britfin, February 15, 2011, 08:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

britfin

What is the best and safest way of wiring in Vision X solstice lights? I have two spots and two elliptical beam lights.

Fluke

Hi

When we supply Solstice lights we also include a dual light harness, this includes everything needed... a switch, wiring which goes direct to battery, a fuse and relay.

I would be very tempted to go and order two dual harnesses from your supplier.... would make the job very easy for you.

It can be done without the harness (and with a little work be made to function better than stock wiring). I'd be tempted to bypass using a relay by powering direct from your low beam for the ellipticals, and power the spots from your high beam, this would give full 'auto' operation with your current lighting.

They are very low current so your current bikes wiring will be able to handle it, though there is a very small possibility that when on high beam you might just tip your bikes current headlight fuse 'over the edge', you could solve this by fitting a slightly larger fuse (like moving from a 10 to 15 amp etc etc)

It would be best to include your own low value inline fuse for each pair of lights near the splice in point of your headlight circuits (around 2 Amp), this would protect your main headlight circuit if ever one went short / over current

Hope the above helps a little, but please don't hesitate to ask if you have any futher questions.

Regards