Resolved: Placing bullets near indicators and HID kit's

Started by markgrinyer, February 01, 2010, 10:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markgrinyer

Hi

• I'm currently riding a CBR 125 but due to the small dimensions of the bike, I'm getting a lot of SMIDSY's at the moment  >:( , horns on overtime this week. I have a hole next to each of the front indicators which is about the right size for a small wire, but are the bullets so bright that another motorist may miss an indication. The indicators are on small stalks but are only bulbs.
  • Is the cbr 125 suitable for HID headlights. I have asked the local honda dealer about this but they say the heat will melt the plastic lense, even though less power = less heat  :-\
If so you may have a large order in may as I light my bike up  :D

Many Thanks
Mark

Fluke

Hi and welcome Mark :)

I don't think you'll have any trouble with them drowning out the indicators as it's a different type of light. The amber indicators are spread out over a wide area with lens / reflector... the Bullets are small point lights.

I think a HID is unlikely to damage your lens, I've yet to see a lens get damaged....  Do you know what type of bulb the CBR125 has as standard ?

Regards

markgrinyer

It's one bulb with a low and high beam filement, rather than seperate bulbs

Thanks for the fast reply

Fluke

Hi

Sounds like a H4, that means you need a BiXenon kit... they are pretty expensive due to the solenoid activated shutter that moves beam between high and low.

I would give the Bullets a try though, you should find they help alot.

Regards

markgrinyer

Well I'll be keeping the bike for probably the next 2-3 years (until I can afford a BMW F800ST) and at 15,000 a year I need good headlights......but before all that I need to get the bike working again, tried putting the key in this lunchtime to go to college and the key goes in but can't turn. I know it's not your expertise but any idea on how to fix it, i've poured warm water and WD40 on it in a bid to get it going

Fluke

Sounds like it's frozen, if you can confirm it's icy then most garages sell little cans for deicing locks....

I had this at garage the other day with my fuel filler

edit: is steering lock engaged ?

markgrinyer

Steering lock is engaged, I've poured warm and hot water into the barrel with the key holding the little flap open so any ice will have melted. I've tried adjusting the steering slightly because in the past if the steering was at the extremety the key wouldnt rotate, but thats not the problem. I'm just hoping I dont need a new ignition barrel becuase I'm no wiring expert and with the high milage the resale value is going to be on the floor anyway

markgrinyer

Thanks for all your help and advice dan, might have an order on thursday depending on finances, turned out all the ignition barrel neededwas a solid tap from the side with a hammer from my dad, I'm sure he has a special touch with the hammer, he fixes everything with the dam thing lol

Thanks Again
Mark

Fluke

Ahh the magic hammer :), I have one of those... glad you got it sorted.

markgrinyer

Had more problems with the ignition, so I'm thinking of trading it in or a yamaha YZF-R125. Can the bullets be easily transfered between bikes or is it one for life

Many thanks
Mark

Fluke

Hi

The only thing to stop transfer would  be the 3M adhesive tape... but you could buy a similar tape and reattach.

The YZF is a stunning looking 125, but quite expensive. Have you thought about taking your test ?, for YZF money you could get a mint SV650 :)

Regards

markgrinyer

I'm waiting until i'm 21 (5 months), but i've always wanted a yzf anyway, just when they came out i didn't have the credit rating required (missed 1 bill in the last 2 years so i should be good), and I want a bmw f00st next as a large step up because I love the tourability of the bike with the sporty edge lol

I'll be tied down for a few years on finance, but it gives me chance to have some last minute fun before growing up  ;)