Resolved: cree LED v paneuropean 1300,

Started by ranger, May 08, 2011, 10:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranger

hi , got my Cree Led light in the post to dublin, did not take that long to get here, im happy with that, thanks" had a little problem, with the wireing on them. the two cabels that come with them to extend them did not match up with the connectors comming from the lights, the white cable had male connectors to white male on the ext, and the black leads had female to female,  so when i put male to female connectors, i had no power to the lights, im sure somebody is going to tell me thats the way it should be?? :-[ so i cut them off and put new ones on, so i could link them up . and the lights came on, that was the easy part,,,as for trying to get to the wireing on the pan st 1300,  nightmare" you have to take half of the bike apart to get into the headlights,  oh by the way thats not BikeVIS  fault, its Honda,  its a 4 to 5 hour job to get the bulb out, what the hell were honda thinking about >:( you want a babys hands to get the bulb clip back on, i took photos of were to put the Cree LEDS on the pan 1300, and how to go about it,i will put them up soon, and will be happy to share any knowedge, that i have learned today, with anybody with a pan 1300,  im very happy with bikevis fast service, and web site help. i give them 10 out of 10, and honda 1 out of 10,, will put the photos up soon,, ranger :)

Fluke

Hi Ranger

Glad you got the Cree's ok and shipping was fast, it can be a bit of a lottery with the post on speed.

It does sound like maybe the wrong loom was in the kit, sorry for that... but glad you got it sorted. I feel your pain on getting to a good power source on the ST, some bikes just are not made to 'come apart', but well done getting it sorted.

Looking forward to the photos.. if you have problems uploading them just email them over and I can post them up for you.

Speak soon

Regards