Resolved: full headlight on cree led off?

Started by ranger, May 29, 2011, 11:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranger

hi i have a tech question, i have fitted a pair of cree led to the bike , and the work fine , but when i put the full headlights the leds turn off. should i  have looped them some way?  not that i will be driveing with full heads on , and leds on at the same time . or i might get pulled in by the cops, i was just wondering , why they work like this , thanks again  ranger..

Fluke

Hi Ranger

If you have V1 Cree's it sounds like you have taken the power from the low beam part of your lighting circuit, so when you switch to high beam they go off. You could solve this by taking the feed instead from the sidelights, but as you say main beam is rarely used and when you do use it, it's when no other traffic is present so it might not be worth changing.

If you have V2 Cree's (with the direct battery feed), the Brown and Blue wires which signal the controller box to light the Cree's are again connected to low beam. So you could solve by moving them to a sidelight feed,  but as above it's probably not worth changing.

Regards