Mounting on 2003 BMW R1150RT fairing - possible?

Started by goldbug101, March 01, 2016, 11:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldbug101

Hi there.

Just contemplating buying some CREE 3 running lights but deliberating about where to locate them.

I am buying some crash bars and would like to mount the lights on them, but the lights don't come with tube mounting clamps. I read another post from an owner of the same bike who was talking about mounting them on PIAA brackets, which I have yet to investigate. I know PIAA stuff is extremely expensive, however, so can you recommend some other suitable universal tube mounting brackets? Maybe you should be selling some?

Alternative location is somewhere on the fairing, but that would require holes to be drilled to pass the mounting bolt and cable through, which is fine. However, as I gather from the product pics that the connector is already on the cable from the light, it would not be possible to pass the cable through the fairing - am I right?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Fluke

Hi

Though we do plan to stock crash bar mounts in the future. Many of our customers have used the SW-Motech Hawk mounts like the below..

http://shop.sw-motech.com/en/4052572021507.htm

Finding a UK stockist seems tricky with most people showing out of stock.

Any universal bar clamp which accepts a single bolt light will work though I'm sure

I think a clamp is the way to go as a light getting vibrations from road is likely to break fairing. Though the lights come with a connector you are welcome to cut this off and hard wire in without effecting warranty.

Regards

goldbug101

Got it. Thanks.

Have found some nice ones on ebay that look like they will do well, although the bolt holes are 10mm.

Noted about cutting the wires, but I want the connectors for removing the fairing for servicing etc as the engine bars will have to come off too.

Cheers

GB