News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Fitting v3 or Aux lights to CB500X

Started by 5hort5, January 12, 2014, 10:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5hort5

Hi,

I have a new CB500X and was looking to install either V3's or Aux lights to the honda light bar on the first link below.  I know I'll need to make a small bracket for it and that's not a problem my question is related to electrics.  Being a new bike I really don't want to cut into any wires and wish to use one of the plugs under the seat.  Do you know which plug I could use and if so what bits I'd need to make the connection.

I would like it so the lights can't be on if the ignition isn't on, to be controlled by a switch on the handlebar preferably or at least on all of the time.

http://www.coxhonda.co.uk/genuine-honda-cowl-guard-light-bar-p-3502204.html

Below are a couple of pics from under the seat.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Si

Ps, I know very little about electrics

Fluke

Hi Si

We plan to get some light bar clamps in store shortly, but in the mean time I'll send you a link to one we know that fits most bars and works well with our Aux lights.

I'm unsure of your bikes wiring in particular, but many take a feed from the headlight wiring, via a switch if needed. (I'll see if I can find a schematic of the CB)

Regards

5hort5

That would be great thanks, if there is a bracket already then that would make life simpler but the instructions on what to do with the electrics would be massively useful as my other option would be the Honda OEM ones and tbh they are three times the price so don't fancy them.

Fluke

Hi Si

Keep me posted how it all goes... I've sent another PM

Regards