Resolved: Road-legal with blue led's UK?

Started by GunZenBomZ, October 04, 2009, 09:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunZenBomZ

So i've just fitted 2 sets of bullet led's & i've seen plenty of bikes about with blue micro-led's. What information do i need to be armed with to tell police if i'm pulled over regarding my blue running lights??

Apologies but i didn't find a FAQ about blue-bullet led's.

Great product Dan, might be placing 2 sets of leds into handguard, with my correction to my little project.

https://www.bikevis.com/forum/index.php?topic=118.0

Fluke

Hi

As we ship all over the world we don't state legality of our Blue lights as it varies from country to country.

Of course in the UK having a 'Blue' light is not legal, though I've yet to hear of anyone having trouble with Police as you are making a marked effort to get seen better which can only be a good thing.

We have one user with Blue Bullets who has been pulled by Police only to be asked where he got them from as bike copper liked the look of them :). We also have several NHS Paramedic bikes running our White kits.

Glad you like our Bullets, we get a real buzz knowing it's helping people get 'visible' out there.

Regards

GunZenBomZ

Fair play Fluke, cheers for the chit-chat.

Loving the way people slow down to the speed limit, coming up behind them or towards me. In a way i'm riding slightly *coughs* better with the led kits.

:o

Fluke

Just as a addition to this thread, I spoke with a MOT tester on Friday and asked him about our white Bullets and he said they would be fine in a UK MOT

He is also selling our kits in his bike shop :)