News:

14/04/2022 - Summer is almost here!

Main Menu

Philips X-treme

Started by markgrinyer, August 16, 2015, 06:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markgrinyer

Hi Fluke. Just installed these on the thunderace, and they appear as yellow as the stock bulbs (not brilliant white like 5000k HIDs of the bandit that I was expecting). Do these take a few cycles to turn white?

The do have the blue strips around them so can confirm they are different from the bulbs in before

Just trying to cost out getting a projector conversion so I can do HIDs properly though so either way I'll keep em (although if I can get a company to do a proper conversion to accommodate LEDs I'd rather LEDs as they don't have a warm up time and draw much less power on start up

Fluke

Hi Mark

The +130% bulbs are 3700k and are as white as you can get on a halogen while maintaining a light increase over typical OEM.

HID bulbs can sacrifice visible light by increase colour k due to the fact they produce around three times the light of a halogen so they have a lot of 'room to play with'

Regards

markgrinyer

You learn something new everyday. I did notice I could see the dipped beam under just cloudy conditions so they will be an improvement.

Just trying to decide if I want to rush into HIDs within the reflector housing or wait to get projectors fitted lol, or potentially the 4th gen LED systems (Only with projectors to maintain beam pattern). So many choices lol

Fluke

Hi Mark

Just dropped you a mail regarding the reflector question :)

Regards