VFR800 VTEC 2002 Installation

Started by vfr-v4-vtec, May 25, 2012, 10:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vfr-v4-vtec

Fitting to VFR800 VTEC 2002

**For some reason the pics/instructions are no longer in order, but you should get the drift!**
:-\

I tour and camp on my VFR and wanted the machine to have more 'presence' on the road and more 'width' to make myself more noticeable to the muppet drivers who only look in their mirrors on the odd occasion.

I decided to fit LED Mini Running Light Pods to the underside of the wing mirrors, to give extra width and height.  These were fitted easily with the bracket to the mirror body which is hollow plastic with self tapping screws.  Remove the mirror from the fairing with the two allen bolts.

The wire was then taped with black insulation tape to the underside of the mirror arm to the bracket.

Then remove fairing panel by removing allen bolts and clip

Behind this panel you will find the connector and feed for the side lights.  This is where I powered everything from.  There is also plenty of room behind this panel in the fairing to pack away all the wiring, and I also wired in a PodMod for the Light Pods.  Repeat fitting on opposite side and feed all the wired back to the same point if using a PodMod.

I have been very pleased with the results and the added visibility and safety these have given me.

Drill a small hole in the fairing between the bolt holes to feed the wire through.  Remove the inner screen trim by removing screw shown.

You can then pull through wire and feed down inside of fairing.  You want all the wires to end up just below one of the fairing indicators.

Remove the inner inspection panel from behind indicator using the single plastic clip.  You will see from my picture that I have positioned a Bike Vis Bullet V2 on this panel also.

Fluke

Thanks for the guide, tidy job and well thought out and planned.

If there is anything you need in the future just shout first and we can get you some discounts.

Regards